Once engaged, couples spend a lot of time planning for the big day and all the little details but usually in the midst of it all, some of the smallest yet most important things can get overlooked.
1. Don't forget to eat! - Many brides and grooms forget to eat and after a sip of Champagne find themselves a little tipsy or faint. A light breakfast or lunch will give you that much needed energy to get through the day. Don't forget to keep hydrated too!
2. Designate Duties. - Have a bridesmaid or groomsman take care of last minute payments to vendors, worrying about your gift table and holding on to your personal items. That's one less thing you'll need to worry about.
3. Something will go wrong. - Everyone wants the perfect wedding day, and chances are that it will be. But there is also the chance that something will go not exactly as planned. It could be the weather, that you're 5 minutes late to the ceremony, or that something wasn't put out properly at the reception. The important thing is to not stress over these little details and if you are prepared for something to go wrong ahead of time, then it won't seem like a big deal. Nobody is going to know but you that something is different and the most important thing still happened. You got married to the love of your life.
4. Say Thank You. - Throughout the day remember to thank all of the people that helped you in planning your wedding day and your friends and family for attending. Their love and support helped to get you to your wedding day.
5. Enjoy Eachother! - This day is about the two of you and your love. Don't let any of the stressful moments of the day get in the way of that. And when you're standing there during your vows, really look your fiance in the eyes and savor the moment. It only happens once.
All my best,